SharePoint List Sync simplifies project management among different departments in your company by combining their SharePoint lists so you can work with only one aggregated list. SharePoint lists may also be sorted and split into several other lists. Permissions may be set for specific users for content restriction. Eliminate idle time as SharePoint List Sync automatically updates changes from source lists to target lists as well as sync reversely so any progress is always up-to-date.
SharePoint List Sync is an add-on feature for synchronizing document files or lists between source and target lists among SharePoint collaborators. Real-time or manual syncing happens when documents or items are modified, deleted, checked in or approved.
1. In a project management situation, List Sync helps a Project Manager manage and sync several teams' documents and tasks by setting up a source list of files and a lot of target lists for collaborators in SharePoint. Any information the Project Manager changes in his source list will be updated in the target team's lists. It would be clear to each collaborator or team of what his tasks and requirements are. The teams can modify and update their own tasks and they will be synced back to the Project Manager's source list.
2. Work effectively among SharePoint collaborators by syncing documents, folders and other files within your workgroups as files that are edited, modified, revised or added are automatically synced within the group for continuous work progress.
3. Manage files efficiently among users by mapping which items or columns are to be synced. Items added, modified, deleted, checked in or approved will be synced actively. Attachments can also be synced; as well as syncing item folder's structure.
4. Modifications made from target lists can be synced back to source lists when Reverse Sync is activated.
5. View different teams' development in an aggregate list by combining different collaborators' lists into a Union List. Specific columns can be selected to be synced.
6. Large lists may also be separated and sorted into different lists if it matches sync conditions from the source.
7. Track and record changes by setting a log schedule or by downloading a Microsoft Excel log file every time a sync is made.
|Feature List||List Sync||SharePoint|
|Automatic sync from source to target (Real-time Sync)|
|Sync modifications from target to source list (Reverse Sync)|
|Sync user-specified columns|
|Combine two or more lists to create a new list|
|Split one list into different lists based on conditions|
|Sync only items that match conditions|
|Join two lists through lookup column|
|Sync permissions from source to target lists on items|
|Optional sync source item's folder structure|
|Optional sync attachments|
|Create sites with saved list sync settings from saved site templates|
|Logs for each sync|
Roll up pertinent list items from multiple lists across a site collection into a single, auto-updating data view that you can filter, group, sort and display according to your specifications.
Gives administrators an easy way to synchronize user account/computer profile information from Active Directory to a SharePoint list.