How do I check if the schedule is working? Is there a log file?
Check the schedules by the timer job performance in Central Administration. Open Central Administration -> Operations (For SharePoint 2007); Central Administration -> Monitioring -> Check Job Status (For SharePoint 2010); click Timer job status in the Global Configuration section. Normally, the AD Information Sync Job started time changes every one or more minutes. If started time does not change for a long time, it may be caused by the following:
- There are too many profiles or too much Active Directory information to sync;
- The AD Information Sync Timer Job does not work properly, including several reasons:
- Windows SharePoint Services Timer is stopped;
- AD Information Sync job is disabled;
- There are some other problems with timer job or profiles.
There is no log file to record the schedule details.
Applies for: SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint 2007